Thursday, March 10, 2011

Big challenge weekend ahead

I have a good friend visiting this weekend. She has already stated that she wants to go to her favorite restaurants while here. The first, a Mexican restaurant, the second, an Italian restaurant, and third, a barbecue restaurant. I haven't quite figured out what I am going to do yet and I am a little bit worried about it.
In the past, when dieting, I would order a salad, dressing on the side. Although I love salads, I hated feeling like that was the only thing I could have. We have ventured out to a few restaurants since starting this plan and I have been successful at eating only half my meal. BUT, three meals out in three days, I don't know about that.
I have been reading articles on what to eat at the Mexican restaurant and the Italian restaurant but, the barbecue restaurant is going to be a little tougher.
If anyone has any ideas, let me know!

I do want to let you know that we had a terrific lunch today - tuna melts. It came out to 300 calories for each person. Here is the recipe that serves two:

Tuna Melt - serves 2
2 - Thomas' multigrain light hearty muffins (English muffins)
1 - can (5 oz.) Albacore Tuna packed in water, drained
1 - stalk celery, diced
3 - tablespoons red onion, diced
3 - tablespoons chopped dill pickle (or pickle relish)
2 - tablespoons light Miracle Whip
1 - tablespoon Olive Oil Mayonnaise
1 - teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
1/4 - teaspoon celery seed
1/4 - teaspoon onion powder
1/4 - teaspoon garlic powder
2 - ounces Swiss cheese (we used Emmanthaler), grated

Open the English muffins and toast till slightly crispy (yes, each person gets two halves). Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (we used the toaster oven for both toasting and baking). Mix the drained tuna, celery, onion, pickle, light Miracle Whip, Mayonnaise, mustard, celery seed, onion powder, and garlic powder. Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts and top each English muffin half. Top each part with 1/2 ounce of the grated Swiss cheese. Bake for 12 minutes until cheese is melted and the tuna mixture is slightly warmed.
Note: If you are wondering why both, Miracle Whip and Mayonnaise, my DH like mayo and I like Miracle Whip so we compromised.

I hope you enjoy this recipe from The Tortoise's Weigh!

0 comments:

Post a Comment