Friday, April 29, 2011

One of Those Weeks

Okay, I have to admit it. I am having one of those weeks. It's not out and out bingeing but it is definitely being off plan. I don't know what happened but I was HUNGRY all week.

Sunday - Easter - went out and had a splurge meal
Monday - DH made homemade pizza - had 1 extra slice and a Diet Pepsi (I really believe it makes me hungrier when I have diet sodas)
Tuesday - Ate fine all day until later that night - I just was not feeling right and did some snacking
Wednesday - Bad migraine to start things off - felt like I had been hit by a Mack truck - did not feel like eating anything but carbs and salt. Felt better later on and had pizza and Diet Pepsi again
Thursday - Felt much better, back to normal, got back on plan mostly (went out for dinner and ate just half my meal, just a little over calories)
Friday - I'm BACK! Whew!

I think my body knew it was getting some sort of bug and needed additional fuel. I am a little worried since the scale showed a 3 pound gain Thursday morning. I probably ate an additional 500 calories a day for Sunday through Wednesday but not enough to gain 3 pounds. We'll see what ends up happening tomorrow on WID.

Here are the steps I will take:
1) Analyze what happened during the week (was it that I was getting sick or was it Easter or was it that I had to fire someone, etc.)
2) Plan on what I can do if it happens again
3) Get, and stay, back on the plan (at least until I go to Vegas in June)

Any other suggestions for dealing with weeks like this?
See you tomorrow at The Tortoise's Weigh!

1 comment:

  1. Life, unfortunately, will deal us weeks like this. Fwiw, to me it looks like you handled it pretty well!

    ReplyDelete