Thursday, May 19, 2011

What is it about chips?

Really, I must ask.  What is it about chips that I can't resist? 

It has been a pretty stressful week for my DH and as a result, for me too.  Besides helping me remodel my store (painting, moving shelves, building new shelves, etc.), yesterday, he had an employee show up to work only to say they were giving two weeks notice and then after about 30 minutes said they couldn't work that day and walked out.  Later, during a phone call, the employee said they acted too hastily, didn't want to quit, wanted to continue working and apologized profusely (it was that employees 21st birthday too).  It has all been about friendly bantering that went too far and now people's feelings are hurt.  My DH absolutely HATES dealing with things like this.  It's all about feelings and such.  He ends up not sleeping and then stresses me out.  Okay, okay, back to chips.

So, we go out to dinner last night and he wants Mexican food (Mmmmm!).  I can't stop myself from eating the chips.  Why?  And then today, he buys a bag of these new Loaded Chili and Cheese potato chips.  Of course, they have been calling my name even though I ate a bunch with my dinner.  I want them.  I will be thinking about them all night. 

I know I have a problem with MSG and flavored chips all have it.    It's a migraine trigger for me.  Why then do I want these so bad?  If it's just the salt, why won't popcorn do the trick or carrot sticks with salt on them?  I really wanted to reach my goal of dropping 30 pounds by the end of the week.  I was about 1/10th from being there yesterday morning.  You would think that would be motive enough to not eat all the chips but it wasn't.  Today, I was 8/10ths from being there and now, I am afraid of what the scale will say tomorrow.  I know, that the scale should not be the end all but...

What do you do to overcome your biggest craving?  What is the food that you just can't say "no" to?

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to you eating the chips, if I have something in the house like chocolate or cake I end up eating it no matter how much I tell myself not to. I have managed today to be strong but only after months of giving in to my cravings an awful lot. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete