Tuesday, May 3, 2011

World Events

Bin Laden is dead. I can't say I am unhappy about that but I do have some trepidation. What will happen now? Will there be retaliation?
I can understand all the celebrations that took place but wish the media had not sensationalized them so much.
Mark Twain captured my sentiments in the following quote: "I do not wish for the death of any man, yet I read some obituaries with a sense of gratification."

On to other news. I made the best crockpot teriyaki shredded chicken yesterday for dinner. I will be giving you the recipe next Monday for MIM. I also tried the cauliflower recipe from Snack Girl (www.snack-girl.com/snack/healthy-snack-cauliflower/). My husband does not, will not, eat cauliflower. I thought that maybe he would like this. The comment..."As far as cauliflower goes, this isn't as bad as other ones". Is that a compliment? Needless to say, I probably will not get to make another cauliflower recipe any time in the near future.

Wishing you a great day from The Tortoise's Weigh!

0 comments:

Post a Comment